Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Moving to Blogger

For the last few years I've had a personal site (gavinflood.com) which I used as a portfolio throughout college and occasionally as a blogging platform. However, since I am about to graduate and have no real use for the site, as well as the fact that I'm diverting a little from core web development, I have decided not to renew my hosting package and domain name.

That means, from here on out, I'll be keeping all blog posts and project details on this Blogger site. It's a decent platform, avoids any time wasted creating my own CMS and handles my needs just fine. All of my projects and contributions to the open-source community will still be active on GitHub, since that is where I've spent most of my time over the last couple of years and I feel it is a more than adequate portfolio.

Alongside that, since I will be joining up with the fantastic and creative bunch at Guidewire in June and moving from website development to Java EE systems, a few of my current projects (especially ones I see no future with) will more than likely have development ceased. That being said, my pet project at the moment, "Geng", will be actively developed over the coming months. If anything, I just want to see how good a game engine I can create after a year's experience working with JavaScript intensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment